From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Create mutli-file .zip archives from the command line?
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 14:22:04
1 Hi there,
2
3 Anyone got any suggestions on this, please?
4
5 I have a honking great big DVD image on one of my servers & seem to
6 be having problems transferring it to a Windows box over a flakey
7 wireless connection. I'm wondering if the reason is because it's over
8 4gb in size.
9
10 What I thought to do was to break the .iso into a multi-part .zip
11 archive, transfer the separate files over to the Windows PC and then
12 unzip them back into the original big file using Explorer's built-in
13 (XP) zip file handling.
14
15 I know I could do this by using RAR - or some other untility -
16 instead, but that would require me to install additional software on
17 the PC, which I'd rather not do. Besides, I'm surprised to find that
18 app-arch/zip - nor any other utility I can immediately find in
19 Portage - doesn't seem to handle this.
20
21 Thanks in advance for any comments,
22
23 Stroller.