From: Renat Golubchyk <ragermany@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Create mutli-file .zip archives from the command line?
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 14:59:45
1 Hi!
2
3 On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 14:21:30 +0000 Stroller
4 <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
5 > What I thought to do was to break the .iso into a multi-part .zip
6 > archive, transfer the separate files over to the Windows PC and then
7 > unzip them back into the original big file using Explorer's built-in
8 > (XP) zip file handling.
9 >
10 > I know I could do this by using RAR - or some other untility -
11 > instead, but that would require me to install additional software on
12 > the PC, which I'd rather not do. Besides, I'm surprised to find that
13 > app-arch/zip - nor any other utility I can immediately find in
14 > Portage - doesn't seem to handle this.
15
16 I don't know whether zip can do this, but you could use "split" to
17 split the .iso into smaller pieces and then combine them on your
18 Windows box with "copy" [1].
21 Cheers,
22 Renat
23
24 [1] http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb490886.aspx
28 Probleme kann man niemals mit derselben Denkweise loesen,
29 durch die sie entstanden sind.
30 (Einstein)