From: Mauro Faccenda <faccenda@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Daniel Iliev <danny@××××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to specify configure options when emerging a package?
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 20:33:50
1 On Tuesday 27 March 2007 16:52, Daniel Iliev wrote:
2 > Grant Edwards wrote:
3 > > Is there no way to specify options to a program's "configure"
4 > > script when building using emerge?
5 > >
6 > > Do I have create my own ebuild file?
7 >
8 > Just follow Bo's advice:
9 > Put for example:
10 > EXTRA_ECONF="$EXTRA_ECONF --without-ext2undel"
11 > at the end of your /etc/make.conf and this will be the same as
12 > "./configure --without-ext2undel && make && make install"
15 > P.S.
16 >
17 > Don't forget to disable this modification after you are ready, otherwise
18 > all packages that support the same configure option will be build this way.
19
20 better doing it in the command line:
21
22 # EXTRA_ECONF="$EXTRA_ECONF --without-ext2undel" emerge -avt <package>
23
24 but i think there is some place to put this stuff for a specific package, so
25 when you upgrade the package, you don't have to do it again.
26
27 []'s
28 .m
29 --