From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [SOLVED] apache - virtual host not working
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 07:27:05
1 On Mon, December 12, 2011 8:21 am, Joseph wrote:
2 > On 12/12/11 02:03, Matthew Finkel wrote:
3 >> On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 1:23 AM, Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >>
5 >> In /etc/hosts I have:
6 >> 127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost mydomain.ca syscon5
7 >> 10.0.0.100 www.mydomain.ca
8 >>
9 >> If I comment out: #10.0.0.100 www.mydomain.ca
10 >> I can access this domain.
13 >> By "access", do you mean the website loads without the access
14 >> restriction?
19 >> in: modules.d/00_default_settings.conf
20 >> # We configure the "default" to be a very restrictive set of
21 >> features.
22 >> <Directory />
23 >> Options FollowSymLinks
24 >> AllowOverride None
25 >> Order deny,allow
26 >> Deny from all
27 >> </Directory>
30 >> Is there a reason you're giving access to / ?
31 >
32 > No the above statement actually prevent access, am I correct?
33
34 Yes, you are correct. It prevents access.
35 Configuration in the vhosts-config will add access to the required
36 directories.
37
38 > Thanks folks, SOLVED!
39
40 That's good to hear.
41
42 > Another lesson learned.
43 > I went for easy way out, tar.gz /var/* directory copy it to another
44 > machine.
45
46 The "-p" option will preserve ownership and permissions. You need to add
47 it to both compressing and extracting.
48
49 > Mistake #1
50 > Extracted the file on the other machine as user (mistake #1) all the owner
51 > ship of file got changed to joseph:joseph
52 >
53 > Mistake #2
54 > I use "meld" to compare the directors and copy missing files and
55 > directories to the destination machine. Meld - does not preserve
56 > owner-ship either.
57 >
58 > The reason it didn't work as .htaccess file were changed to owner ship
59 > root:root and it should be apache:apache.
60 > So the solution was to use "rsync -av" it preserver owner ship and
61 > permission :-/
62 >
63 > Another lessor learned!
64