From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [SOLVED] apache - virtual host not working
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 07:20:44
1 On 12/12/11 02:03, Matthew Finkel wrote:
2 > On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 1:23 AM, Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 > In /etc/hosts I have:
5 > 127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost mydomain.ca syscon5
6 > 10.0.0.100 www.mydomain.ca
7 >
8 > If I comment out: #10.0.0.100 www.mydomain.ca
9 > I can access this domain.
12 > By "access", do you mean the website loads without the access restriction?
17 > in: modules.d/00_default_settings.conf
18 > # We configure the "default" to be a very restrictive set of features.
19 > <Directory />
20 > Options FollowSymLinks
21 > AllowOverride None
22 > Order deny,allow
23 > Deny from all
24 > </Directory>
27 > Is there a reason you're giving access to / ?
28
29 No the above statement actually prevent access, am I correct?
30
31 Thanks folks, SOLVED!
32
33 Another lesson learned.
34 I went for easy way out, tar.gz /var/* directory copy it to another machine.
35
36 Mistake #1
37 Extracted the file on the other machine as user (mistake #1) all the owner ship of file got changed to joseph:joseph
38
39 Mistake #2
40 I use "meld" to compare the directors and copy missing files and directories to the destination machine. Meld - does not preserve owner-ship either.
41
42 The reason it didn't work as .htaccess file were changed to owner ship root:root and it should be apache:apache.
43 So the solution was to use "rsync -av" it preserver owner ship and permission :-/
44
45 Another lessor learned!
48 Joseph