From: Matthew Finkel <matthew.finkel@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] apache - virtual host not working
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 07:05:25
1 On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 1:23 AM, Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > In /etc/hosts I have:
5 > 127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost mydomain.ca syscon5
6 > 10.0.0.100 www.mydomain.ca
7 >
8 > If I comment out: #10.0.0.100 www.mydomain.ca
9 > I can access this domain.
12 By "access", do you mean the website loads without the access restriction?
17 in: modules.d/00_default_settings.**conf
18 > # We configure the "default" to be a very restrictive set of features.
19 > <Directory />
20 > Options FollowSymLinks
21 > AllowOverride None
22 > Order deny,allow
23 > Deny from all
24 > </Directory>
27 Is there a reason you're giving access to / ?
31 > # added below
32 > <Directory "/var/www/localhost/htdocs">
33 > AllowOverride All
34 > Order allow,deny
35 > Allow from all
36 > </Directory>
37 >
38 > <FilesMatch "^\.ht">
39 > Order allow,deny
40 > Deny from all
41 > </FilesMatch>
44 Do you set the DocumentRoot within the file to a location to which the
45 apache user has read access?
48 > I don't know where else to look. I can not access virtual domain on port
49 > 80 nor on 443
50 > The server is working perfectly on my other computer running the same
51 > version of apache. As stated earlier I've compare configuration file with
52 > meld so I'm sure there are no mistakes.
53 >
54 > --
55 > Joseph
58 Hope we can get this resolved.