From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is Btrfs "stable" enough?
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 23:03:56
1 Tried it one FS to test - looked good
2 tried it on a few file systems - seemed to take punishment that killed
3 the ext2/3 FS every time
4
5 Then every one died within a month with unrecoverable errors of one type
6 or another (power crash caused corruption that couldnt be fixed, unknown
7 problems, long standing bugs, certain files that couldnt be stored on
8 the system, emerge failures when /var was on btrfs (libreoffice was the
9 worst), ...)
10
11 At this point in time I have the same opinion of it as I have for
12 ext2/3/4 - crap ...
13
14 Maybe in the fullness of time
15