From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Are multiple emerges safe?
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 13:48:21
1 On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 13:24:14 +0100, Huib van Wees wrote:
2
3 > > Yes, because portage uses lockfiles in $DISTDIR. Once one emerge
4 > > begins downloading a file, any others wanting that file will wait for
5 > > it.
6 > >
7 > > I can remember that export the portage dir for other host wasn't
8 > > supported
9 > and can cause problems.... Or did I missread/misinterpert the
10 > documentation?
11
12 I don't share the portage tree, although many do, but I do have a shared
13 $DISTDIR and it works with the locks exactly as advertised.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Only an idiot actually READS taglines.