From: Huib van Wees <hvwees@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Are multiple emerges safe?
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 12:30:42
1 On 1/30/06, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 19:48:34 +0200, Uwe Thiem wrote:
4 >
5 > > Now I have got a related question: Imagine you have got one portage
6 > > tree on one box but several boxes that NFS mount it with different
7 > > world files. Will several parallel "emerge --fetchonly" processes on
8 > > those different boxes still be safe?
9 >
10 > Yes, because portage uses lockfiles in $DISTDIR. Once one emerge begins
11 > downloading a file, any others wanting that file will wait for it.
12 >
13 > I can remember that export the portage dir for other host wasn't supported
14 and can cause problems.... Or did I missread/misinterpert the documentation?
18 Met vriendelijke groet / With kind regards,
19
20 H. van Wees
21 ---
22 The official Gentoo motto is, "If it moves, compile it."