From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Upgrading to gcc 4.1: emerge -e world required?
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 17:29:22
1 On 5/27/06, Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name> wrote:
2 > gcc update "Nothing needs to be done".... Sure... How much did the
3 > person who wrote this check? "Hello World!" worked, and that's it?
4 >
5 > Sometimes this complete lack of QA is really pissing me off :(
6
7 Stop using ~arch packages, or stop whining. ~arch works most of the
8 time, but it is a _testing_ branch. Do you expect the devs to login
9 to each and every Gentoo user's system to test a new package and
10 ensure complete functionality before adding it to ~arch?
11
12 I just upgraded to gcc-4.1 and pruned 3.4.6, and KDE, koffice, OOo,
13 and mozilla all still load and run fine. Since these are all heavy
14 C++ users, I am sure that for my (pure ~x86) system, there are no
15 issues.
16
17 -Richard
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list