From: Geralt <usr.gentoo@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Slim: After zapping X fallback to console
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 12:23:59
1 On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 8:36 PM, Erik Hahn <erik_hahn@×××.de> wrote:
2 > On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 05:38:26PM +0200, Geralt wrote:
3 >> Although it would be possible to include this respawning into slim
4 >> (and I suppose that gdm and kdm have this feature?) it is much more
5 >> work than checking in xdm is slim is still up and if not restarting it
6 >> (since xdm is slim's parent process it gets even informed about it, so
7 >> no polling would be necessary!).
8 >
9 > xdm isn't slim's parent process, slim is a replacement for xdm. Or do
10 > you mean the xdm init script?
11 I meant the xdm init script, since I thought we were talking all the
12 time about the xdm init script when saying xdm. Did I misunderstand
13 something in the previous posts?
18 Geralt.