From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Is GWN dead?
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 00:26:28
1 Qian Qiao wrote:
2 > < SNIP >
3 >
4 > I myself have 3 machines, a Athlon64X2, a Core2 Duo and a Pentium III,
5 > I've used Gentoo minimal, Knoppix and Knoppix64 CDs during my
6 > installation on these 3 machines and I haven't encounter any problem
7 > using any of them, and that's why I said earlier in the thread that
8 > LiveCDs really doesn't matter, as long as you can boot, fdisk, mount,
9 > chroot, emerge, you are fine :)
10 >
11 > I hope I've provided you with some useful information.
12 >
13 > -- Joe
17 Of course a more recent one is handy when in my situation. I have
18 dial-up, a sucky AT&T dial-up at that. I try to install from the
19 packages on the CD then upgrade later. That's the only benefit that I
20 would see from more recent releases. Of course, you still end up
21 downloading it all anyway. ;-)
22
23 I just like the Knoppix thing myself. It "seems" faster to me.
24
25 Dale
26
28 --