From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xen+kvm+win2k problem
Date: Sat, 03 May 2008 13:38:26
1 On Sat, 2008-05-03 at 15:19 +0200, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
2 > Hi folks,
5 > I'm trying to install win2k on xen w/ hw-virtualization.
6 > The vm boots into the installer and tells it collects some
7 > system information - from that point on it hangs.
8 >
9 > One point I already figured out is I forgot to include the tap/tun
10 > device in the kernel. I fixed this, but it still didnt help.
11 >
12 > Does someone have an idea what could be wrong ?
13 >
14 I think officially Win2k is not supported by Xen. XP, 2003, etc. run
15 fine. There are probably people out there running Win2k on Xen but I
16 bet they have to do something wicked and I'm not aware of what it is.
17 Try Google.
20 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list