From: Eric Martin <freak4uxxx@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] PGP User Groups?
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 15:42:25
1 Dan Cowsill wrote:
2 > Hello list,
3 >
4 > I've noticed that with linux geekery comes the pursuit of PGP-based
5 > email privacy. A great many frequent posters to this illustrious list
6 > boast PGP keypairs and frequently sign their correspondences. Some of
7 > you even have photo ID's of yourselves in your public keys! (Hello Neil!)
8 >
9 > Unfortunately, like many of you, I am not an international spy and don't
10 > have much to protect with this awesome encryption technology. This
11 > leads me to wonder if anyone has ever heard of any PGP user groups that
12 > frequently employ encryption and do key signing and the like?
13 >
14 > Thanks guys!
15 >
16 > DC
19 Both Linux User Groups that I'm in have PGP key signings on a regular
20 basis. I think that starts to answer your question...
23 Eric Martin