From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: New mobo change
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 05:39:53
1 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
2 > Am 18.10.2013 05:54, schrieb Dale:
3 >> Walter Dnes wrote:
4 >>> On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 04:40:52PM -0500, Dale wrote
5 >>>> Well, this is interesting. I swapped out the mobo. First, it has the
6 >>>> UEFI BIOS thing. That was interesting for sure. I'm not complaining
7 >>>> but not used to it and wasn't expecting it either. Second, it works
8 >>>> except for the third part. Third thing is, no mouse worky. It works in
9 >>>> the BIOS but not in the OS. I have gpm set to start and it doesn't work
10 >>>> in a console or a GUI. I tried everything I can think of, no mouse. I
11 >>>> had to swap again. I'm back to my old mobo. Here is the kicker. I
12 >>>> plugged the USB mouse into the old mobo, it works just fine. It works
13 >>>> in KDE, console etc. It just works. The only kernel change I made was
14 >>>> for the chipset on the mobo. I left the USB stuff alone.
15 >>> I've run into this in the past. The USB 2.0 drivers are *SUPPOSED* to
16 >>> provide support for lowspeed USB 1.X devices, like mice and keyboards.
17 >>> But it doesn't always work that way. There is direct USB 1.X driver
18 >>> support in the kernel. In "make menuconfig", got to...
19 >>>
20 >>> Device Drivers --->
21 >>> [*] USB support --->
22 >>> < > OHCI HCD support
23 >>> < > UHCI HCD (most Intel and VIA) support
24 >>>
25 >>> I don't see any mention in your message whether the motherboard cpu is
26 >>> AMD or Intel. Generally, build UHCI for Intel+VIA, OHCI for AMD. Try
27 >>> it out and see what happens.
28 >>>
29 >> Mine is AMD based. I have this right now but tried every other version
30 >> I could find too.
31 >>
32 >> <*> xHCI HCD (USB 3.0) support
33 >> <*> EHCI HCD (USB 2.0) support
34 >> <*> OHCI HCD support
35 >> [*] Generic OHCI driver for a platform device
36 > there you go. platform driver. Take that one out.
37 > Make the rest modules.
38 > Amd board? kill uhci while you are at it.
39
40 Change made. I plan to give this a shot again before to long. I got a
41 few thigns to try out now. I updated sysrecue and Knoppix. I also put
42 them both on CD/DVD to just in case it is a USB issue. At least I can
43 test some things and hopefully find one that works.
44
45 Thanks for all the help. I'll post back what happens. If it doesn't
46 work next time or fails from sysrescue/Knoppix, I plan to RMA the board
47 for another one. If it doesn't work with either of those, then I
48 suspect hardware issues again.
49
50 Dale
51
55 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!