From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Adobe flash warning and tree
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2016 20:13:36
1 On Sun, 10 Jan 2016 19:26:19 +0000
2 Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Sunday 10 Jan 2016 18:39:43 Ian Bloss wrote:
5 > > You can install pepperflash to chromium although it's proprietary.
6 > > Google Chrome has pepper flash by default
7 >
8 > For Chromium you can install:
9 >
10 > www-plugins/chrome-binary-plugins
11
12 For Firefox and other NPAPI-using browsers,
13 www-plugins/freshplayerplugin is an option. It's essentially a wrapper
14 for PPAPI plugins, and it depends on chrome-binary-plugins. Using it
15 the past few months, I find I no longer get the "your Flash is
16 outdated" messages from sites but it crashes much more frequently
17 than adobe-flash did.