From: PaulNM <gentoo@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can not start xorg 7.0 after upgrade from ver 6.8
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 00:35:40
1 David Corbin wrote:
2 > On Friday 21 July 2006 16:03, Nadav Horesh wrote:
3 >> After X upgrade I can not start X properly: gnome session falls back to
4 >> text mode, and xfce ended with an empty nonfunctional desktop. The error
5 >> message I get:
6 >>
7 >> FreeFontPath: FPE "/usr/share/fonts/misc/" refcount is 2, should be 1;
8 >> fixing
11 > I had this problem, too. In my case, it was misdirection. look further up in
12 > the startx output. I found a bunch of stale 'files' in /etc/X11/Xsession. I
13 > cleaned out all the crap from previous KDE versions, etc., and it worked
14 > fine.
15
16 I agree, I had issues with getting X setup on a new machine, and thought
17 that was the problem (refcount). The issue was fixed, and X works, but
18 I still get that error. I even get that message on my Debian Etch machine!
19
20 I'd also check to make sure xorg-xserver is installed.
21
22 PaulNM
23 --
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list