From: David Corbin <gentoo.org@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can not start xorg 7.0 after upgrade from ver 6.8
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 00:21:45
1 On Friday 21 July 2006 16:03, Nadav Horesh wrote:
2 > After X upgrade I can not start X properly: gnome session falls back to
3 > text mode, and xfce ended with an empty nonfunctional desktop. The error
4 > message I get:
5 >
6 > FreeFontPath: FPE "/usr/share/fonts/misc/" refcount is 2, should be 1;
7 > fixing
10 I had this problem, too. In my case, it was misdirection. look further up in
11 the startx output. I found a bunch of stale 'files' in /etc/X11/Xsession. I
12 cleaned out all the crap from previous KDE versions, etc., and it worked
13 fine.
14 --
15 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list