From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Emerge
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2016 17:27:58
1 Alan Grimes wrote:
2 > Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
3 >> you do stupid things and then complain that the system does not work.
4 >>
5 >> Why don't you stop doing stupid things?
6 >>
7 >> That said, C 1.0 blocks A 1.0 but updating to C 2.0 would solve it, does
8 >> happen, even if you do not act retarded, BUT those instances are usually
9 >> easy to solve.
10 > 1. I have self respect. I will not allow my computer to give me
11 > busy-work like that.
12 >
13 > 2. The error would be:
14 >
15 > "ha ha ha you thought you could update C when A 1.0 is incompatible with
16 > B 2.0 , you should RTFM you stoopeed nooob!"
17 >
18 > It is fundamentally broken. =|
21 What is broken is not emerge. What is broken is your process. Since
22 you have ran into this problem before when no one else has, I would hope
23 you would get the idea. It's not like this is your first time.
24
25 I might add, you may want to read the thread about other Gentoo folks
26 talking about how easy their updates have been lately. I might add, I
27 did a emerge -e world and recompiled over 1400 packages with only one
28 failure. In the past, I've done emerge -e world and not have any
29 failures. Actually, I haven't had very many failures when doing a
30 emerge -e world in a long time.
31
32 I run a mix of stable and unstable here which itself can be tricky.
33 During the recent plasma switch, emerge did a really good job letting me
34 know what changes needed to be made so that I could get the updates
35 done. The biggest change I had to make was a few USE flags. All I had
36 to do was read what emerge gave me and edit the package.use file.
37
38 Let us know when you are ready for some help on your process. Until
39 then, I have no idea if anyone can help you.
40
41 Dale
42