From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gnome 3 and wifi credentials
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2016 18:42:40
1 On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 12:44 PM, Stefan G. Weichinger <lists@×××××.at> wrote:
2 > Am 2016-06-22 um 06:50 schrieb J. García:
3 >
4 >> Apparently they are stored in the gnome-keyring if you set up the
5 >> conection to
6 >> 'Store the password for this user' when using nm-applet, but stored in
7 >> /etc/NewtorkManager/system-connections/ as plain text when you select
8 >> 'all
9 >> users may connect to this network' (I don't know the exact options
10 >> name, I'm
11 >> using networkd, so I couldn't check) but look at this[1]
12 >> I guess there should be a way to backup and restore the gnome-keyring.
13 >>
14 >> [1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/NetworkManager#Encrypted_Wi-Fi
15 >> _passwords
18 > added one ESSID today, with "share with others" (or similar, german here)
19 > ... nothing in /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections
20 >
21 > If I open my keyring-application I can't see any SSIDs/PSKs.
22 >
23 > What ever. I can re-add them step by step.
24 >
25 > Ah, nm-connection-editor shows them!
26 > But which files does it read/write?
27 >
28 > using Neil's suggestion with the "find -newer" ...
29 >
30 > /home/sgw/.local/share/keyrings/user.keystore looks suspicious.
31 >
32 > I will backup that one and sync it over from another laptop.
33 >
34 > Is that what they call "hacking" already? :-P
35
36 Stefan, could you please show us the contents of
37 /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf? In the early stages of
38 systemd's integration in Gentoo, it was necessary to disable some
39 plugins that tried to set /etc/conf.d/network as configuration file
40 for NetworkManager. I don't know if it's related to your system
41 connections not appearing in /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections.
42
43 Regards.
44 --
45 Dr. Canek Peláez Valdés