From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gnome 3 and wifi credentials
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2016 17:44:43
1 Am 2016-06-22 um 06:50 schrieb J. García:
2
3 > Apparently they are stored in the gnome-keyring if you set up the
4 > conection to
5 > 'Store the password for this user' when using nm-applet, but stored in
6 > /etc/NewtorkManager/system-connections/ as plain text when you select
7 > 'all
8 > users may connect to this network' (I don't know the exact options
9 > name, I'm
10 > using networkd, so I couldn't check) but look at this[1]
11 > I guess there should be a way to backup and restore the gnome-keyring.
12 >
13 > [1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/NetworkManager#Encrypted_Wi-Fi
14 > _passwords
15
16 added one ESSID today, with "share with others" (or similar, german
17 here) ... nothing in /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections
18
19 If I open my keyring-application I can't see any SSIDs/PSKs.
20
21 What ever. I can re-add them step by step.
22
23 Ah, nm-connection-editor shows them!
24 But which files does it read/write?
25
26 using Neil's suggestion with the "find -newer" ...
27
28 /home/sgw/.local/share/keyrings/user.keystore looks suspicious.
29
30 I will backup that one and sync it over from another laptop.
31
32 Is that what they call "hacking" already? :-P