From: "b.n." <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Putting gentoo to work :)
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 13:38:40
1 Alexandru Mincu ha scritto:
2 > On 2/10/07, *b.n.* <brullonulla@×××××.com
3 > <mailto:brullonulla@×××××.com>> wrote:
4 > Well they are all noobs ... I am talking about like 90% of the
5 > people there don't have any idea linux exists :). That's why usability
6 > is a key here... i want it to be easy to use even if you did not ever
7 > see a linux desktop in your life.
8
9 In this case I'd stick to KDE, with Windows-like customizations when needed.
10 The behaviour of default kde is often a bit more windows-like than gnome
11 (think of the file dialog/ the OK/Cancel buttons order etc.).
12
13 > Well I was thinking about a web based cms, kind of like a wiki but i
14 > would also like the possibility to store versioned files and manage
15 > documents per task(i mean for this matter you have 5 written files).
16
17 Mediawiki (the software that runs Wikipedia) is quite easy to set up and
18 could do what you are looking for.
19
20 > - IM is fully internal or need interoperability with external apps?
21 >
22 > well i will start with an internal server and mabe use gaim to let
23 > users access them all :).
24
25 IMHO Kopete is better and it is integrated with KDE, if you take my
26 advice to choose it. Test both, however.
27
28 m.
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list