From: Grant Taylor <gtaylor@×××××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] encrypting emails on more than one email account with same keys
Date: Fri, 24 May 2019 03:36:56
1 Re-sending because this didn't show up in the mailing list.
2
3 On 5/23/19 9:40 AM, Dale wrote:
4 > Howdy,
5
6 Hi,
7
8 > I'm trying to get some legal work done. I'm trying to do this over email
9 > with a lawyer. For obvious reasons, I want to do this encrypted but
10 > suspect they are not set up for this. They have two email accounts that I
11 > know of. Is it possible to have one set of keys and one password to work
12 > on two different email accounts with two different addresses? Example,
13 > one account is greg@××××××.com and his paralegal helper is ann@××××××.com.
14 > They are both on the same server and it is a private server, not yahoo,
15 > gmail or something.
16
17 I don't know of any email based encryption techniques that support this.
18 S/MIME can encrypt messages to both recipients if you have
19 certificates for them. I think PGP can do the same. But both
20 techniques use discreet certificates / key pairs per party.
21
22 If you trust their server, and your server, you might be able to get by
23 without dealing with encryption in the email and instead relying on
24 encryption between the servers. - There are some more nuances to this,
25 but it can be made to work.
30 Grant. . . .
31 unix || die