From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Now Know Why Portage Is So Slow
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 23:20:50
1 Friday 26 May 2006 01:00 skrev Lord Sauron:
2 > If it's not, then I really need to ask why on earth portage takes so
3 > long to just index and search packages that took apt-get much less
4 > time to work with.  I don't think it should be this slow.  I'm not
5 > even talking about compile-times - I know and expect those to be slow,
6 > but just raw package searching and stuff is not that fast.
7
8 Do like the rest of us. emerge eix and use that for searching. Make sure to
9 run update-eix everytime you have sync'ed portage or better yet, use eix-sync
10 to sync portage.
13 Bo Andresen