From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [Offtopic] Lightweight server distro for an old motherboard
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 18:19:25
1 Andrew Lowe <agl <at> wht.com.au> writes:
4 > Anyone got any suggestions for a lightweight server distro for an old
5 > motherboard? I've got one of the VIA mini-ITX boards, SP13000, and want
6 > to whack something light onto it. It will be working as a file/media
7 > server and will be headless, hence will be fiddled via ssh. Obviously
8 > there are the usual suspects, debian, centos, but does anyone have any
9 > recommendations viv a vis a stripped down distro, sort of like Lubuntu
10 > is to Ubuntu?
11
12 embedded gentoo is way cool! and very cutting edge.
13
14 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/embedded/handbook/
15
16 gentoo-embedded@l.g.o
17 is where to join and post your questions.
20 Otherwise, for performance reasons, I'd go with open-embedded.
21
22 hth,
23 James