From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to harden a system
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2017 09:43:27
2 > Lastly, this in /etc/sysctl.conf. SYN cookies is kernel option. The fin
3 > timeout cut was to clear out tens of thousands of TIME_WAIT sessions.
4 > net.ipv4.tcp_fin_timeout = 20
5 > net.ipv4.tcp_syncookies = 1
8 Oh I just noticed that vtv is now default enabled for gcc, so you could try;
9 CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS} -fvtable-verify=std"
10
11 I tried this on earlier gccs, and there was a fair bit of breakage so i
12 didnt persue it. Maybe i'll re-try with 7.2 to see how things have
13 progressed.
14
15 "security feature that verifies at run time, for every virtual call, that
16 the vtable
17 pointer through which the call is made is valid for the type of
18 the
19 object, and has not been corrupted or overwritten. If an invalid
20 vtable pointer is detected at run time, an error is reported and
21 execution of the program is immediately halted"