From: Dave Jones <Dave.Jones@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE and OpenOffice keyboard problems
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 09:24:15
1 Jerônimo Backes wrote on 05/03/06 00:04:
2
3 >> What seems odd is that OpenOffice is the only application affected,
4 >> while all other applications work correctly under KDE.
5
6 > Oh, I forgot to mention: DON'T use UTF-8 with KDE if you need to use
7 > some special keyboard layouts. Stay with ISO-8859-1 (the default
8 > encoding). KDE has issues with UTF-8 and certain keboard layouts.
9
10 As far as I know, I'm not using UTF-8 with KDE.
11
12 Could you please tell me how I can check if KDE is using UTF-8, or how I
13 can force KDE to use ISO-8859-1?
14
15 Are you running KDE 3.4.3, or KDE 3.5?
16
17 Cheers, Dave
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list