From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /etc/make.conf: changing CHOST on same system
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 09:36:34
1 On Saturday 02 September 2006 10:58, Meino Christian Cramer wrote:
2 > So, is it correct / necessary in my case to do the following for
3 >  upgrading to gcc-4.1:
4 >
5 >  Correct the CHOST fault
6 >  emerge -e world
7 >  emerge glibc
8 >  emerge -e world
9 >  emerge gcc
10 >  emerge -e world
11
12 ...?.
13
14 I guess you didn't follow this list too carefully the last couple of days...
15 Anyway, no you shouldn't emerge -e world more than once!
16
17 1. Correct the CHOST in make.conf
18 2. Make sure the nptl and nptlonly use flags are enabled.
19 3. *If* you want to upgrade your profile in the near future this may be a good
20 time to do so. This step is optional. You may have a look at [1] for more
21 info about this.
22 4. Follow the gcc upgrade guide [2].
23
24 Following the gcc upgrade guide will upgrade glibc and pretty much everething
25 else that isn't quite up to date during the emerge -e world. Make sure that
26 you follow the "General Upgrade Instructions" carefully though.
27
28 [1] http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gentoo-upgrading.xml
29 [2] http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gcc-upgrading.xml
30 --