From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Inconsistent mountpoint for /
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 01:55:09
1 Alan E. Davis wrote:
2 > Thank you, Walt.
3 >
4 > I live on a tropical island. I've been going through about all the
5 > suggestions people have made and all the ideas I can think of.
6 > Changed NICs. Recompiled kernel with better configuration.
7 >
8 > Uptime 1:39
9 >
10 > An improvement from earlier today.
11 >
12 > I've edited /etc/fstab. But I'll leave grub alone until I'm sure what to do.
13 >
14 > Thank you again.
15 >
16 > Alan
21 I ran into this a long time ago. I had the wrong IDE chip set selected
22 in the kernel. It worked but it was buggy. It would cause random
23 crashes when the drive got a little busy. You can use hdparm -Tt
24 /dev/your drive to test this. I usually did a && and ran them several
25 at a time to really get it going.
26
27 This may not be your problem but it may be worth trying if you still
28 have trouble.
29
30 Dale
31