From: Branko Grubic <bitlord0xff@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to set up claws mail
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2017 09:47:14
1 On Thu, 19 Oct 2017 10:29:52 +0100
2 Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3
4 > Hello list,
5 >
6 > I'm trying to ditch KMail and switch to mail-client/claws-mail, but I
7 > can't see how to set it up to receive emails from my ISP. It appears
8 > to run, but it doesn't fetch anything. Even KMail can do that ;-)
9 >
10 > The claws log shows me logging in, then out again without doing
11 > anything.
12 >
13 > Can anyone offer the clueless a clue, please?
16 Hi Peter,
17
18 There is no much information to understand what exactly you tried
19 already.
20 I use claws-mail for a few years now, have no issues, it's a great
21 mail client, but whenever I want to start fresh I do go around all
22 settings (general) and account and tweak things, so I don't remember
23 what defaults are.
24
25 Take a look at "Configuration > Preferences" under "Mail Handlig >
26 Receiving" in "Automatic checking" section "Check for new mail on
27 start-up" is set (if you want this) (interval checking if you
28 want that as well).
29
30 Also take a look at "Configuration > Edit Accounts" then select your
31 account and "Edit", under "Account > Receive" is "'Get Mail' checks for