From: "Jürgen Geuter" <tante@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dual boot system - backup with rsync
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 22:09:11
1 On Tue, 2007-02-13 at 22:45 +0100, JC D wrote:
2 > Hi!
3 >
4 > I am trying to make a backup with rsync on a external USB drive. I
5 > have to reinstall my Windows and for good reasons I want to save my
6 > Gentoo! I have to things I am not sure how to handle. First, how do I
7 > get the backup back on my laptop? I did not found an appropriate
8 > example how to do this with a LiveCD and rsync. I have a /boot
9 > partition and a /root -partition that I want to have back on place.
10
11 I copied my / partition once using rsync:
12
13 rsync /media/hdb5 /media/hda5 –links –recursive –executability –owner –
14 group –devices –specials –times
15
16 (you'd have to replace /media/hdXX with mountpoint of your source and
17 target of course)
18
19 Regards
20
21 Jürgen
22 --
23 ICQ #81510866 - http://the-gay-bar.com - MSN tante@×××××××××.de
24 Occam's Razor:
25 -"Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem."-