From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How reliable is ext3?
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 23:48:32
1 On Wed, 24 Apr 2013 19:04:27 -0400, Walter Dnes wrote:
2
3 > I don't know if it's configurable somewhere, but I vaguely recall
4 > seeing an occasional bootup where I get a message about the system
5 > having gone more than X days without being fsck'd. So it helpfully
6 > does it for me automatically and then does a regular reboot. I don't
7 > know if it's for the 200 megabyte ext2 / or the huge ReiserFS3 /home
8 > partition.
9
10 It's an ext* feature, you can set the time or number of mounts with
11 tune2fs and view it with
12
13 dumpe2fs -h /dev/sdXN | grep -i mount\ count
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Top Oxymorons Number 29: Soft rock