From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Necessity of installer and complete documentation.
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2017 21:35:11
1 On Sun, 30 Jul 2017 15:54:58 -0400, Rich Freeman wrote:
2
3 > > If you want to install the same group of packages on multiple
4 > > machines, create a set and copy it to /etc/portage/sets. I have a
5 > > base set that I install on everything, containing all the things I
6 > > always fond useful, and a desktop set for, well, you can probably
7 > > guess.
8 >
9 > Just be careful about uninstalling sets. For whatever reason portage
10 > doesn't manage dependencies when you do this.
11
12 Do you mean that depclean doesn't remove them?
16 Neil Bothwick
17
18 Fill what's empty, empty what's full, scratch where it itches.