From: R C Mitchell <rcm@×××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Installation problems on AMD64 box
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 15:03:51
1 On Friday 28 November 2008 11:56:52 Iain Buchanan wrote:
2 > ah, who says Ubuntu isn't good for anything? Good to see you're trying
3 > a real distribution :) </flame>
4
5 Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore...
6
7 > Typically now you'd prove me wrong and say how you've been using
8 > <dieHardLinux> for years... anyhoo welcome!
9
10 First tasted Slackware about 12 years ago. Long before that I used to make
11 VAXes sing and dance. We'll draw a veil over the MVS/TSO/CICS years, except
12 to say that I know bloated systems when I see them.
13
14 > >[snip excellent problem report]
15
16 <blush>
17
18 > No offence, but I doubt an Ubuntu install would tax your resources as
19 > much as compiling your system as you have just done.
20
21 No, one can have it up and running in the time it takes to compile, say,
22 Firefox from scratch. Sometimes I like a quiet life. Other times I like to
23 live on the edge :)
24
25 > but girls don't exist on tha interwebz!
26
27 So it seems - look at all those pizza boxes and old beer cans all over the
28 floor.
29
30 Rosie
34 CURRENTLY READING: The Rainbow, by DH Lawrence
35 Pie'n'Mushies: Barrow Day-by-Day http://pieandmushies.wordpress.com
36 I am not young enough to know everything