From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] freezing a package
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 15:27:52
1 Michael P. Soulier wrote:
2 > If I want to freeze my nvidia-drivers because any upgrade will abandon my
3 > hardware, masking out newer versions doesn't seem to be enough as it will also
4 > offer to downgrade once that version is no longer in the portage tree.
5 >
6 > Is it simpler to just remove nvidia-drivers from the world file?
7 >
8 > Thanks,
9 > Mike
12 I added this to the package.mask file:
13
14 >x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-173.14.20
15
16 That froze mine at that version. Of course, keep in mind if say
17 173.14.22 comes out, it won't upgrade then either. If you upgrade your
18 kernel later on and it requires a newer nvidia driver, you will have to
19 edit that line.
20
21 I'm sure some other guru will have a better way tho. ;-)
22
23 Dale
24