From: Michael Gorden <mgorden@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] DVD drives
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 07:56:28
1 I think pioneer also does good job...to me at least
2
3 2006/12/4, Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>:
4 >
5 > Hi,
6 >
7 > I plan to buy a DVD burner. I currently have a LG CD RW and I like it
8 > since it works so well with Linux. I would like to know what drive I
9 > should get that will work best and be able to burn with the most options
10 > under Linux.
11 >
12 > I am looking here right now:
15 > http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?Brand=1623&N=2000100005+50001623&Submit=ENE&Manufactory=1623&SubCategory=5
16 >
17 > I like newegg. I can get things next day from them since I am not to
18 > far from Memphis and they have a warehouse there.
19 >
20 > I'm looking for recommendations from people that have some DVD drives
21 > already. I do want it to be re-writeable. Dual layer is OK if not to
22 > much more expensive.
23 >
24 > If you have something other than LG, I'm still listening. The biggest
25 > thing is the different kinds of them.
26 >
27 > Thanks
28 >
29 > Dale