From: Andres Becerra Sandoval <andres.becerra@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Old kernel versions
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 09:10:06
1 On 1/19/06, Beau E. Cox <beaucox@×××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi -
3 >
4 > When a new kernel ( I'm using gentoo-sources ) comes down
5 > the line, I go to /usr/src, ln -s to linux, copy current
6 > .config, yada, yada... It works fine.
7 >
8 > Now I notice in eix that all my old kernels are marked as
9 > 'installed'. I normally keep only the previous kernel in
10 > /boot. Can I safely 'emerge -C' the older kernels w/o
11 > upsetting my apple cart?
12 >
13 > --
14 > Aloha => Beau;
15 >
16 > --
17 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
21 Yes, you can clean the old kernel versions, this will free you some space.
22
23 A quick way to do it is:
24 - back up your .config
25 - emerge -C gentoo-sources or whatever-sources (this will clean all versions)
26 - emerge gentoo-sources (only merges the actual)
30 Andrés
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list