From: Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] serial in /sys
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2012 09:13:03
1 On Sat, Dec 1, 2012 at 4:55 AM, Joshua Murphy <poisonbl@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 10:47 PM, Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> wrote:
3 >> On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 09:58:10AM +0000, Jorge Almeida wrote
4 >>> By the way, I don't suppose there is a mailing list to talk about these
5 >>> matters (mdev/ udev-alternative/ udev-fork related)? This is really
6 >>> distro-agnostic stuff...
7 >>
8 >> For mdev-related questions, the best place I know of is the busybox
9 >> mailing list http://lists.busybox.net/mailman/listinfo/busybox mdev is
10 >> part of busybox.
11 >
12 > And, while auto-mounting might be a bit beyond the 'official' scope of
13 > it, I've seen a fair bit of recent chatter on the LFS mailing lists on
14 > the general topic of device management, alongside a bit of grumbling
15 > about the kitchen sink approach being taken with systemd/udev/etc.
16 > Might be worth glancing through their archives to see if anything on
17 > this particular question crops up, and if nothing else, it shouldn't
18 > hurt much if you toss the question towards the lfs-chat list.
19 >
20 I'm subscribed to the lfs lists (I'm not sure about lfs-chat, though) for
21 years. I'll have a look.
22
23 Thanks
24