From: Joshua Murphy <poisonbl@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] serial in /sys
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2012 04:56:32
1 On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 10:47 PM, Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 09:58:10AM +0000, Jorge Almeida wrote
3 >> By the way, I don't suppose there is a mailing list to talk about these
4 >> matters (mdev/ udev-alternative/ udev-fork related)? This is really
5 >> distro-agnostic stuff...
6 >
7 > For mdev-related questions, the best place I know of is the busybox
8 > mailing list http://lists.busybox.net/mailman/listinfo/busybox mdev is
9 > part of busybox.
10 >
11 > --
12 > Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
15 And, while auto-mounting might be a bit beyond the 'official' scope of
16 it, I've seen a fair bit of recent chatter on the LFS mailing lists on
17 the general topic of device management, alongside a bit of grumbling
18 about the kitchen sink approach being taken with systemd/udev/etc.
19 Might be worth glancing through their archives to see if anything on
20 this particular question crops up, and if nothing else, it shouldn't
21 hurt much if you toss the question towards the lfs-chat list.
24 Poison [BLX]
25 Joshua M. Murphy