From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] where can I find USE flags description?
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 00:13:34
1 On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 4:41 PM, Paul Hartman
2 <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 2:15 PM, Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >> Hi,
5 >>
6 >> I want to emerge a certain package, let's say x11-base/xorg-drivers,
7 >> so I try first "emerge --pretend xorg-drivers" and find it has ~50
8 >> various use-flags (some set, some unset). Where can I find their
9 >> description? For example "vmmouse", what is this USE flag good for?
10 >> Is it something for vmware?
11 >>
12 >> I checked /etc/portage/profiles/use.desc and use.local.desc but
13 >> there are not all of them...
14 >
15 > I'm sure there are 10 ways of doing it, but this is what I use:
16 >
17 > equery u x11-base/xorg-drivers
18 >
19 > equery is part of app-portage/gentoolkit in case you don't have it
20 > installed. It can do other useful things such as tell you which
21 > package installed a file, or show all files installed by a package.
22
23 And in the specific case of xorg-drivers those aren't USE flags at all
24 but driver flags :)