From: Mike Edenfield <kutulu@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Am I wrong?..
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 20:28:46
1 On 10/1/2009 3:32 PM, forgottenwizard wrote:
2
3 > However, I'm also wondering why the ebuild doesn't make use of the
4 > EDITOR variable as was mentioned. This defaults to nano so it should
5 > work fine in a default install, and would avoid issues like this which
6 > seems to be an arguement that the dev(s) are trying to force specific
7 > programs on the users.
8
9 I would be hesitant to use a user-specific variable like EDITOR to
10 define the system-wide default on an ebuild. For example, what if my
11 EDITOR was set to gvim or emacs when I installed sudo, then some other
12 remote user tried to run visudo over ssh?
13
14 --Mike