From: "Arthur D." <spinal.by@××××.ru>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Am I wrong?..
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 20:45:55
1 > I would be hesitant to use a user-specific variable like EDITOR to
2 > define the system-wide default on an ebuild. For example, what if my
3 > EDITOR was set to gvim or emacs when I installed sudo, then some other
4 > remote user tried to run visudo over ssh?
5
6 Consider that gvim will be just a fallback, as said before.
7 And at least visudo will not complaint about missing gvim binary...
8 The worst thing that can happen, it will just complaint about missing X
9 server on the local side. Though, it's better than complaining about
10 missing binary that was not supposed by enduser to be in place at all...
11 It's like, "oh, please you install nano, or I refuse to run".
12 Obtrusively, no?
15 Best regards, Spinal