From: Benno Schulenberg <benno.schulenberg@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Logging out and back in kills DRI?
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 21:18:29
1 Michael Kjorling wrote:
2 > I am having some trouble with X11 DRI on my AMD64 system. It
3 > works fine the first time after a reboot (I have xdm in the
4 > default runlevel so get a graphical login) but after logging off
5 > and back on, all I get is software rendering.
6
7 Seeing that here too sometimes. It seems that the app that used
8 the DRI doesn't fully release it, so that when X restarts it sees
9 the DRI as being occupied, and is unable to use it. It looks like
10 a bug -- either in the app, X, or the radeon driver.
11
12 Benno
13 --
14 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list