From: Michael Kjorling <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Logging out and back in kills DRI?
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 12:54:23
1 I am having some trouble with X11 DRI on my AMD64 system. It works
2 fine the first time after a reboot (I have xdm in the default runlevel
3 so get a graphical login) but after logging off and back on, all I get
4 is software rendering. I use x11-base/x11-drm-20051223 (compiled
5 against my current kernel, obviously, and the radeon module getting
6 loaded at boot time), and gentoo-sources-2.6.15-r1. I'm running a
7 framebuffer console and use the "radeon" Xorg driver. After logging
8 off and back on, /dev/dri/card0 is still 0:0 666, and my xorg.conf
9 says DRI is mode 0666, but all I get from within an xterm is this:
10
11 michael@vuk ~ $ glxinfo | grep -i direct
12 direct rendering: No
13 OpenGL renderer string: Mesa GLX Indirect
14 michael@vuk ~ $
15
16 ...with OpenGL performance that can be expected from software
17 rendering. I don't see anything in /var/log/Xorg.0.log that would
18 indicate an error condition, and it seems to say that direct rendering
19 gets initialized just fine. So why doesn't it get used?
20
21 Any suggestions on where to look would be appreciated.
24 Michael Kjörling, michael@××××××××.com - http://michael.kjorling.com/
25 * ..... No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings ..... *
26 * ASCII Ribbon Campaign: Against HTML Mail, Proprietary Attachments *
27 * PGP/GnuPG encrypted e-mail preferred * OpenPGP key ID: 0xBDE9ADA6 *