From: Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user]How can i remove the xfce clearly?
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 11:36:47
1 Am 22.04.2012 03:31, schrieb 赵佳晖:
2 > 在 2012年4月22日 上午7:15,Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net
3 > <mailto:lists@×××××××××××.net>>写道:
4 [...]
5 > Am 21.04.2012 20:39, schrieb ny6p01@×××××.com <mailto:ny6p01@×××××.com>:
6 > > Do I understand you correctly that it is not necessary to run emerge
7 > > -unmerge first before removing the atoms from @world and running
8 > emerge
9 > > --depclean?
10 > >
11 > > Terry
14 > Yes. I think it is also mentioned in the gentoo handbook. In fact, you
15 > should not use --unmerge because it doesn't check dependencies before
16 > removing the package.
17 >
18 > If you want to delete a package only if no other package depends on it,
19 > either remove it from world or use
20 > `emerge -av --depclean <package_name>`.
21 > The latter has the advantage of also telling you what depends on it.
22 >
23 > Regards,
24 > Florian Philipp
25 >
26 > But it seems that the --depclean is a dangerous operate ??
27
28 It is, but far less dangerous than --unmerge. depclean will only remove
29 packages when portage /thinks/ it is safe. unmerge will always remove
30 them, even if it breaks the system. Nevertheless, like Dale said, you
31 should be careful with depclean and use -a or -p with it. But if
32 depclean makes an error, there is usually something else wrong with your
33 system.
34
35 Regards,
36 Florian Philipp
37
38 P.S.: Please don't top-post. If your email client supports it, put your
40 this mail). That makes reading long threads easier.