From: "赵佳晖" <jiahui.tar.gz@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user]How can i remove the xfce clearly?
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 01:33:17
1 But it seems that the --depclean is a dangerous operate ??
2
3 在 2012年4月22日 上午7:15,Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net>写道:
4
5 > Am 21.04.2012 20:39, schrieb ny6p01@×××××.com:
6 > > On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 09:45:49AM +0200, Florian Philipp wrote:
7 > >> Am 21.04.2012 05:27, schrieb ??????:
8 > >>> I just install the xfce a few days ago, But i find i didn't like it .
9 > So
10 > >>> i want to remove it and install the Gnome . How can i remove the xfce
11 > >>> clearly ?
12 > >>>
13 > >>> --
14 > >>> ????????????????????????
15 > >>
16 > >> Gnome and Xfce share many libraries. Therefore it is best to install
17 > >> Gnome first, before removing Xfce. Otherwise you will remove libraries
18 > >> which you will later re-emerge for Gnome.
19 > >>
20 > >> Then you need to configure your display manager (kdm, gdm, xdm) to use
21 > >> Gnome instead of Xfce. Kdm and Gdm should allow you to do that directly
22 > >> on the login screen.
23 > >>
24 > >> When you are satisfied with Gnome, edit /var/lib/portage/world and
25 > >> remove every line containing an Xfce package. Then run `emerge -av
26 > >> --depclean` and you are done.
27 > >>
28 > >> You could continue to remove config files but that is usually not worth
29 > >> the trouble.
30 > >>
31 > >> Hope this helps,
32 > >> Florian Philipp
33 > >>
36 > > Do I understand you correctly that it is not necessary to run emerge
37 > > -unmerge first before removing the atoms from @world and running emerge
38 > > --depclean?
39 > >
40 > > Terry
43 > Yes. I think it is also mentioned in the gentoo handbook. In fact, you
44 > should not use --unmerge because it doesn't check dependencies before
45 > removing the package.
46 >
47 > If you want to delete a package only if no other package depends on it,
48 > either remove it from world or use
49 > `emerge -av --depclean <package_name>`.
50 > The latter has the advantage of also telling you what depends on it.
51 >
52 > Regards,
53 > Florian Philipp
59 好好学习,天天向上!!!