From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE and the new plasma 5 thing
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2016 19:43:42
1 On 04/14/2016 09:02 AM, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Thu, 14 Apr 2016 08:14:05 -0700, Daniel Frey wrote:
3 >
4 >> I didn't have any problems with sddm, but that slow interface drove me
5 >> nuts. I was using nouveau, and I read against running that with nvidia
6 >> cards, so I installed the binary driver and I went from a very slow
7 >> interface (i.e. 5-10 seconds to respond to alt-tab, and on resume from
8 >> standby plasma would hang for 1-2 minutes) to crashing plasma every 3
9 >> minutes with the binary nvidia driver.
10 >
11 > I'm using nouveau and it takes a good second for the window list to
12 > appear when pressing Alt-Tab for the first time in a session, but it's
13 > pretty quick, but not instant, after that. It may depend on the type of
14 > switcher you are using. I use Breeze, but some of the others are faster.
18 Hmm. On mine it wouldn't work, I had to keep holding alt for it to
19 register, eventually it would switch. Simply pressing alt+tab didn't do
20 anything on my desktop. This happened every time I wanted to switch to a
21 different window, and it got annoying very quickly.
22
23 I did try using different themes, it made no difference, plasma was
24 hanging (and crashing hard when I switched to the nvidia drivers.)
25
26 Dan