From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE and the new plasma 5 thing
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2016 16:02:59
1 On Thu, 14 Apr 2016 08:14:05 -0700, Daniel Frey wrote:
2
3 > I didn't have any problems with sddm, but that slow interface drove me
4 > nuts. I was using nouveau, and I read against running that with nvidia
5 > cards, so I installed the binary driver and I went from a very slow
6 > interface (i.e. 5-10 seconds to respond to alt-tab, and on resume from
7 > standby plasma would hang for 1-2 minutes) to crashing plasma every 3
8 > minutes with the binary nvidia driver.
9
10 I'm using nouveau and it takes a good second for the window list to
11 appear when pressing Alt-Tab for the first time in a session, but it's
12 pretty quick, but not instant, after that. It may depend on the type of
13 switcher you are using. I use Breeze, but some of the others are faster.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Anyone able to feel pain is trainable.