From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE and the new plasma 5 thing
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2016 15:14:21
1 On 04/14/2016 12:33 AM, Yuri K. Shatroff wrote:
2 >
3 > Sddm worked as expected, not to mention its veeery slow interface (for
4 > that nvidia drivers can be blamed, but whatever). The black screen
5 > appeared after logging in.
8 I didn't have any problems with sddm, but that slow interface drove me
9 nuts. I was using nouveau, and I read against running that with nvidia
10 cards, so I installed the binary driver and I went from a very slow
11 interface (i.e. 5-10 seconds to respond to alt-tab, and on resume from
12 standby plasma would hang for 1-2 minutes) to crashing plasma every 3
13 minutes with the binary nvidia driver.
14
15 That coupled with an old version of Dolphin being installed creating
16 inconsistencies in the K menu made me revert and mask plasma for now.
17 It's far from ready for daily use.
18
19 It's not much use if it's that unstable. :-(
20
21 Dan