From: Mark David Dumlao <madumlao@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] Linus Torvalds on systemd
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 23:04:40
1 On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 6:41 AM, Volker Armin Hemmann <
2 volkerarmin@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Am 17.09.2014 um 23:42 schrieb Mark David Dumlao:
7 > On Sep 18, 2014 5:36 AM, "James" <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
8 > >
9 > > Mark David Dumlao <madumlao <at> gmail.com> writes:
12 > > > > Publish perfomanced metrics; Choice; Unreasonable?
13 > > > The classic open source answer to being told to do a lot of
14 > > > work on publicly available data is
15 > >
16 > > I'm sorry, I must have missed your link to the published data?
17 > > Sure it exist and I have just missed it?
21 > Make it yourself you entitled dickwad. this is what you get for being
22 > polite to idiots.
25 > well, you claim there is data. So provide at least a set of search terms
26 > to find it.
29 There is the code and his system, and it's all the data he needs.
32 > Also some comparism of code size systemd vs init+ lets say metalog.
33 >
34 > Also, some explanation why it is a good idea to read the kernel command
35 > line and reuse commands from there. Like 'debug'.
38 You're just as bad as him. No seriously, people like to talk about how high
39 the signal to noise ratio of the gentoo mailing list is, and it would be
40 much higher if not for trolls like you putting in so much noise and
41 distraction. Canek has been patient as all heck for so many years now, even
42 down to the point of manning up and providing public ebuilds for systemd
43 integration, even an overlay that allowed sysvinit and systemd to integrate
44 better, while you naysayers whine more and more about how he practically
45 doesn't cook breakfast for you. Separating init functions from openrc?
46 Canek's helped a big deal with that. It's a disgrace and you really ought
47 to be ashamed of yourself for harassing someone who _actually provided
48 code_ while you just piled more and more bullshit on his plate.
49
50 And now here he is again, being patient to a fault, pointing out that one
51 of the excuses we've seen again, and again, and again, and again hoisted on
52 him - that Linus doesn't like something therefore its bad - is actually
53 false, again providing sources to back up what he's saying while you piddle
54 your Unix plattitudes, and now what? Harass him to do even more unpaid
55 research again?
56
57 I hate to see people abused like this. He won't swear so I'm going to do it
58 for him since I've gotten sick of this circle-jerking mailing list.
59
60 Stop being a jerk and acting like it's cool.
61
62 He wants data? It's not hard to produce it. Install systemd and sysvinit
63 side by side (something Canek helped become possible), boot once to openrc
64 and boot another to systemd. If there's no difference, YOU publish it and
65 be open to public scrutiny, not him.
66 --
67 This email is: [ ] actionable [ ] fyi [ ] social
68 Response needed: [ ] yes [ ] up to you [ ] no
69 Time-sensitive: [ ] immediate [ ] soon [ ] none